Makeup Graveyard Lipgloss edition

11:00

As some of you might know, I will be moving in 6 weeks and I have started to prepare the move little by little. For me this has given me the opportunity to go through my makeup and toss out some products that I don’t use anymore because they are simply too old or because I never really cared for them.

Want to see what I tossed? Keep on reading…

Lip_Graveyards

The first section of my makeup I got into where lip products. I don’t have too many actual lipsticks and they all still looked pretty ok. However I did have a bunch of lipglosses or those two step lipstick that simply had to go.

On the far left you can see the Maybelline SuperStay Gloss in 753 Sun-kissed Coconut I actually quite loved this one used it like crazy over summer and this actually is the second one I owned. It is a rosy bronzed colour and is perfect for summer. However on this one the gloss part ran out and made it all sticky and so it had to go. But I would definitely repurchase this one (if it is still available, not sure on that).

Next is the L’Oreal GlamShine in 103 Forever Nude. I remember buying this for graduation at university, looking for a nude gloss. First off it’s not really nude (I guess which could have been expected since it’s called Glam Shine), but I did almost used it up completely. This is definitely a colour that is perfect for summer and just like the previous one I am not discarding repurchasing this lipgloss. And since this one is almost completely used up I will be counting this one for my use up challenge.

The third one is an oldie, I think it is one of the first glosses I bought when I was in my teens. It is the Rimmel Infinite Colour in 150 Fixated. It’s a lovely red, raspberry pink colour. But I don’t tend to reach for this one anymore and it is simply to old, so it has got to go.

The next two glosses are Maybelline Super Stay in 250 Sugarplum and in 260 Wildberry. I don’t really remember how they went on back in the day, but seeing as I am trying to use up my makeup, I tried these one the other day. Although I loved to colour they left, once I had a coffee they would start to come off and not like a normal lipstick which would simply fade, these peeled off in little pieces. Believe me it was not a pretty sight. It is possible this is because they are old, like I said I don’t remember how they first applied.

And then to finish the first image on the far right, there are the L’Oreal Caresse in 102 Romy, 200 Princess and in 300 Juliet. I did a review on this one on the old site I had, I will also republish it here so you can have a look. I never liked these glosses. The smell was horrible, the colour wouldn’t apply evenly, and those are reasons that I don’t reach for them and so they got to go.

Lip_Graveyards2Lip_Graveyards3

As for these ones, these are Essence mini lipgloss sets from the Limited Edition Floral Grunge, in 01 Kissing Me Softly and in 02 Grungy Kisses Rock. When Essence released these, I was totally swayed off my feet my the cuteness of these sets. I suppose that was their intention. However these are basically unused. The glosses are very sticky, which throws me off already. Their pigmentation is poor, and I know these are glosses and they aren’t supposed to be very pigmented but it is simply not good enough for me. The issue I have with these is their cuteness and this is why I simply can’t part with them and they will stay hidden in my drawer somewhere.

Have you used any of these products? Which are the lip products you would get rid off?

You Might Also Like

0 comments