Review: Benefit – Stay don’t stray primer

12:30

StayDontStray_TheFreckledSoul
I had to check to make sure I hadn’t already written about this product, it seems like I have had it forever. I actually thought I had written on my previous blog about this product, but it turns out I haven't. So here it goes...

I bought this on a trip on the plane as a package along with a few other Benefit products. As it was my first time trying any of Benefits products, I was really excited to try it out. The package contained the oh so famous High Beam, the Bella Bamba blush, the eye bright eye pencil, the Stay don’t stray primer as well as a little makeup bag for travelling.

The bottle contains 10 ml of product and mine comes with a pump. I am not sure whether this is the old or the new bottle but I have also read about some bottles coming with a sponge applicator. Personally I do prefer the pump as this is more hygienic.

The product gets promoted as a eye shadow base as well as an under eye concealer primer. I never used it as a concealer base, only as an eye shadow base. It is tinted, to even out the colour of your lids. I did notice that you can now choose the shade it comes in, so I am guessing that when I got my bottle there was just one shade available. It just never really worked for me. It never blended right with the shade of my eyelids and on top of that the components started to separate.

My holy grail primer is the Too Faced shadow insurance. This product also tends to separate after a while but when you shake and squeeze the tube you can blend the components back together. I have tried shaking the bottle with the Benefit primer but it didn’t have any results. With the product separating, I do not feel like I want to keep on using it, or giving it another chance. I am sure that the properties of this product are lost and it will not give the proper results in this state.
StayDontStray2_TheFreckledSoul

I do have to say it did make my eye shadows last, so that is a promise that the products lives up to.

The truth is that this product never ended up convincing me. So I would definitely thinking twice about spending 28 euros on this primer.

Have you tried this primer? What is your experience?

You Might Also Like

0 comments