Online Shopping Part 2

11:00

shopping-mall-906721_1920

Welcome to part 2 of my online shopping experience. Are you curious to see how the following web stores score? Just follow me!

Dorothy Perkins
Firstly sizing here is terrible in jeans. I ordered some of the leather look skinny jeans in a 10 and couldn’t get them up to my knees. They were so tight. I doubt a 12 would have been more comfortable. Tops seem to fit fine, maybe even a little big depending on the fit. Dresses I assume would need trying. But as I haven’t ordered anything more than jeans, boots and tops I cannot comment. Their shoes are a strange fit as well. I ordered a pair of Chelsea boots in my size from the sale and really I could have done with a bigger size.
There is no price limit to get free click and collect and delivery times are about 4 days from order to store collection. They do post to places outside the UK for a fee depending on were you are based.
 
Score out of ten for Dorothy Perkins: 4


Bhs
Yet again another store with none standard sizing. However my main problem with my order from BHS was that I ordered a pair of ripped knee jeans in short leg 26inch, after waiting for 7 days for it to arrive, they had picked the 32 inch trousers even though the order clearly said petite. So they went back and I didn’t reorder after waiting so long.
There is no limited spend on the site and they do send orders outside of the UK for a fee but I’d be concerned of the order being correctly size picked.

Score for BHS out of ten: 2 for the waiting time and receiving the wrong order.

Boohoo.com
Boohoo is an online store which has great prices. Sadly those great prices mean terrible sizing. Everything is too small and the quality of products is so cheap. The delivery process however is terrible. Someone on a catalogue delivery basis brings the parcel out to you the following day if they can be bothered. This was my issue, the delivery person couldn’t be bothered for two days to deliver my parcel and she only lived around the corner.
 
Score out of ten for boohoo: 1


Matalan
Like most websites sizing is a problem for Matalan. Either too big or too small and deciding which you get is a guessing game too far. You can pay via PayPal and the store refunds direct to your card no matter how you pay. Do try on your order before you leave the store to be on the safe side. Matalan is a cheap store so sometimes quality does suffer because of this. There is no limited spend before you can choose click and collect. The website often has sales on with really good priced items.
 
Score out of ten for Matalan: 8
 
I am sure a lot of you have had experiences with online shopping with wide differences of success in the process and the quality of the products. For me Marks & Spencer and Debenhams are my favourite online shops, the more I shop at New Look online the more I hate the process of find something to fit right. Thankfully all shops make refunding easy which is little progress on some of the companies.

Let me know about your online shopping experiences!

You Might Also Like

0 comments