Bad eye condition

11:00

wash-brush-1253918_1280

Some of you may have noticed my absence for the past week on social media, here’s why I had to stay away from my computer.

For the past two weeks I have been suffering with a bad eye condition. About two weeks ago, I woke up with one red eye. It hurt so bad, it itched. This was on a Saturday morning and since my own GP doesn’t work on Saturdays I had to go to the emergency doctor. Let me just paint you a picture before I continue. I have a lot of allergies, I may have already mentioned this before. One of the allergies I have is for preservatives which can be found in most eye drops, eye cream… So this doctor diagnosed me with an infection on my eye and was about to prescribe me some eye drops. When he heard about my allergy, he basically didn’t know what to prescribe to me anymore, and the pharmacist pretty much had to decide on what to give me. The pharmacist was very friendly and helpful and she found some eye drops that didn’t contain the preservative that I get allergic reactions from. And my eye got better. The redness was gone, the pain was gone too… yep for about four days. Then it came back hitting hard.

So last week Monday was when it got to the worst point. I was at work and I just couldn’t handle it anymore. I had to go home from work and called to the eye clinic where I had my eye surgery done. I was lucky to get an appointment that same evening. And there the doctor diagnosed me with a virus, possibly provoked by an allergic reaction to the eye drops the pharmacist had given me. Because of my allergy (and apparently I am also sensitive to Cortisone drops) I got some anti-inflammatory drops. On Tuesday I tried to check my mails and after ten minutes I simply had to stop because it was hurting so bad.

When I went back in to see the doctor at the eye clinic on Thursday, due to the fact that there had been no improvement I got some cortisone drops. After only a day on the drops, I could already feel a big difference. But since I am sensitive to the cortisone drops, I needed to go back to the clinic on Monday to get my eye pressure checked. High eye pressure may cause problems of sight on long term.

I was also given the advice to wash my hands regularly, in order to avoid the virus infecting my other eye. And it basically got me thinking about how hygienic my makeup is or not. I have been researching a bit and I will share with you in my next post how I am sanitizing my makeup. So talk to you in my next post!

You Might Also Like

0 comments