Versailles (2015)

10:00

Since about a month, we have digital TV. So now we have the possibility to record programs/series that are too late on the evening or at the same moment as something else that we are watching.
One of the series we (Katerina & I) are watching at the moment,is the historical television series "Versailles".

The story goes about Louis XIV (King of France between 14 May 1643 - 1 September 1715), who is moving the royal court from Paris to Versailles (the former hunting lodge of his father). His idea was to make Versailles the centre of political power. And he succeeded, history learns us that Versailles was indeed the centre of political power from 1682 till October 1789 (start of the French Revolution).

So here's my opinion:
I was a little bit sceptic in the beginning about the series. Because when I saw the first episode, my first impression was that the male characters were a little bit too feminine, with their extravagant apparel (wearing wigs and make-up).
They did their best to make the series as historical correct as possible. For the moment we have already seen 3 episodes (of the 10 in total), and I must admit that I'm a little bit addicted. I can't hardly wait until the next one.
Don't expect big action scenes, but intrigue and romance. 

A visit to the Palace of Versailles with it beautiful garden, is added to my bucket list (I didn't really had one before I was writing this post, but now it's on).

You Might Also Like

0 comments