Recipe: Hazelnut cream with brown spiced biscuit

10:00

A few days ago I shared a picture on Instagram to give you a little preview of my next post. And because of the many likes, today I bring you the recipe. This is a new dessert that I discovered. I made it with Christmas when my parents were over for dinner and I made it on New Year’s Eve when we were visiting my family in law. Both times I had great comments. This is a dessert that will a delight on your taste buds.

Personally I used my Kenwood K-mix to make this dessert but you can also use a regular mixer. I only recently got my K-mix so I am still experimenting with it. So let’s get on to the recipe.

hazelnutcream_thefreckledsoul

Ingredients:

- 100 gr Lotus Biscoff - caramelized biscuit -
- 3 eggs
- 50 gr cane sugar
- 50gr hazelnut paste (you can find this in a specialty shop that sells bakery products, some health-food stores might also sell it)
- 250 gr mascarpone
- Some chopped hazelnuts for decoration

Directions

1. Chop the biscuits up in a blender. Put it aside
hazelnutcream001_thefreckledsoulhazelnutcream002_thefreckledsoul
2. Separate the eggs. Take two egg yolks - you don't need the third one- and mix it with 25 gr of sugar until its volume has doubled and the sugar has been dissolved completely, obtaining a creamy mixture.
3. Mix the mascarpone with the hazelnut paste and add it to the sugar-egg mixture and mix it well.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the egg whites with the remaining 25 gr of sugar, until they reach a firm yet fluffy consistency.
Use a spatula to gently mix the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into the serving cups, until they are half full. Add a layer of the chopped biscuits. Add another layer of the mascarpone mixture until the serving cups are full.
hazelnutcream003_thefreckledsoul
6. Refrigerate for at least two-three hours so that all the flavors can settle.
7. Before serving, add the chopped hazelnuts on top for decoration.
hazelnutcream004_thefreckledsoul

You Might Also Like

0 comments