Online Dating Series: Part 2 Know Yourself

10:00


Before you get started on Internet dating, or any kind of dating, it is a good idea to take a moment and do some self-investigation. For online dating this might come in handy since you will mostly likely need to take an extended survey when you sign up plus you will also need to create a profile.
 
Apart from that it is good to know who you are and what you are looking for and what not.
My suggestion when you decide to sign up for a dating site, is to take some time to rediscover yourself. The following question may help you on your journey:
  • What kind of relationship are you looking for? (Long term relationship/Short term benefits)
  • Are you ready to be in a serious relationship?
  • What kind of characteristics do you like your future partner to have, which ones not?
  • When you look for someone with whom to share your life, what is the most important thing you see?
  • Describe yourself (strengths, fears, dreams, character qualities....)
  • Note down characteristics you look for in a possible partner, good/bad habits. Note whether these are essential, flexible, good but not essential. The absolute "No-No's" and the prefer he doesn't have or do.
For instance in my case, I am quiet religious but in my country my religion isn't very wide spread, so for me it was not important that my partner would have the same religion, but however it was important to me that he would be open minded towards my religion and respect my choice.
 
Even though this list of things you look for in a partner might change from time to time, which is ok, your essentials or your absolute "No-no's" are less likely to change since this is part of who you are. You can compromise, but you shouldn't compromise on who you are.

You Might Also Like

0 comments