Online learning course the pros and cons

20:51

Over the past year I have done a few online learning courses, The first I took part in was through work and it was to learn about Mental health. Which is a free course offered by many colleges in the UK through their distance learning.
This course was simple to do and easy to follow, everything was pretty simple on the learning from there was a lot of off site reading which became a bit boring trying to find the stuff. I felt however I learnt something by doing this. The next course I did was another free course in Health and Nutrition which is again offered by my UK colleges as distance learning.
This was harder and involved spending time evaluating what you were eating and how to eat better, tracking calories and deciding upon meals for toddlers, teens, and OAP's but the work was simple to follow the answers however for a level 2 course where quite in depth and a lot of detail was needed in comparison to the mental health course  which was also a level 2.

Once I had finished that course, I decided to do my level 2 Gym instructor course which lets be honest wasn't cheap at a shocking expensive £498 for an online course in which you spend two weekends at a local leisure center where you spend the first weekend learning not a great deal, have a weekend off and then return for another weekend where there was two exams and continuous assessment on the Saturday and then the practical assessment on the Sunday where you spend literally at hour and half  then it done.

I have really struggled with this course the knowledge base you need to have to do those exams and the practical assessments, its not something you can learn from a book. I needed to be in a class being taught this stuff and I would advise anyone to look at the options when doing this kind of course, I know when I am ready to do my level 3 I am going to do it at college. I'm not rubbishing online learning course as some courses really do work in this way but others really don't, some people may find the Gym Instructor course easy online, but for me I learnt a valuable lesson from struggling through this course. Now I just have to resit one exam and then hopefully I will get my qualification. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments